HISTORY OF THE PARTNERSHIP
WHY 'STOP TB' PARTNERSHIP?
- Platform to bring together partners from multiple sectors to join fight against TB.
- Create synergy based on comparative strengths of each partner.
- Enable linkages between TB and other social determinants of health.
- Work smart and not hard.
- Avoid wastages.
- Advocacy tool
ROLES OF THE NSTBP
- Government (human & financial resources)
- National and State Assembly
- Professional and regulatory bodies
- Private sector
- Community interventions & support for SCO’s.
- External communication for visibility of issues.
- Ensuring accountability by all:
- NTP at all levels
- Implementing partners
- Funding partners/Agencies
- Take the burden of partner coordination off the national program staff.
- Act as the outreach and engagement mechanism to bring all sectors of society into the fight against TB.